Thursday, April 9, 2015

plants in my garden lately

This is how things are going in my garden, malaysia has been having a bit of a rainy season lately!
everything looks green, fresh and lively after the rains!

My sweet basil plants grow faster, thicker & fuller now! Currently browsing on recipes using fresh basil! In my to-cook list - thai basil chicken, pad ka-prao (spicy stir fry minced pork with basil), spicy egg plant with sweet basil and many more.

Say hello to my favourite plant - hydrangea, it has the most beautiful flower. I have about 6 pots of hydrangeas at home. Dad gave me few pots when i moved in to my new home, then i propagate some new babies from the cuttings/stems.

My hydrangea have just recovered, they almost died during my chinese new year holiday last 2 months. As we went home for about 2 weeks, no one is helping us to water the plants, and the weather has been so warm, not rain fall in that period. I came home and saw my 'dried up' hydrangeas,  it makes me so sad to see them like this. Then i trim all the dried leaves, add more soil and feed them with organic fertilizer. And now, this is how they look like! Yays ~

Recently, i have been in love with camellia japonica type of flower i discovered from the photo which my brother sent me while he was traveling in Nepal last 2 weeks, it has an amazingly beautiful flower. Looking for the seed and grow my own camellia!

 The start of boll development, but lots of ants like to hide and lay eggs underneath the leaves.

The mature cotton boll waiting for the harvest.

Broccoli seedling, will need to switch to a bigger pot or growing on the ground.

My first experiments with propagation, and this is the result! Can't believe it grow from a
teeny tiny baby.

I have a little happy garden, how about yours?

Little Forest: Summer & Autumn 

Watched this fantastic movie yesterday night, and I am so so so in love with it.
Have a look on the movie webpage or fb page, or the movie trailer!
It was a culinary & lifestyle movie, starred by Ai Hashimoto.
Story about a girl - Ichiko who live a simpler life, living in the days of self-sufficiency, among nature and harvest follow the seasons and eating foods she makes from seasonal ingredients.

Can't wait to watch the 2nd part - Little Forest: Winter & Spring
Here's a sneak peek on 2nd part!

  * Movie posters / image sources from asianwiki

2 comments:

  1. this film sound very intresting, thank you for metioning about it.
    thank you for visiting my blog and the supoorting words.
    it is also uplifting to see your posts and your plants look very nice and healthy :->
    much love,
    lotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear lotte,
      hello, hello! warm regards from malaysia!
      Thank you for dropping by my little blog and the very very sweet words that have made my day! yays!
      I have added your blog link in my inspiration list at the side bar (if you don't mind >_<, hehe!)
      Yeah! please watch the movie if you have a chance lotte, think you will love it. Let share more life stories together!
      Oh yes, are you on 'instagram' lotte?

      love, fiona

      Delete

Life is a great adventure, let's share it together! ^_^