Wednesday, March 4, 2015
mid-week healthy meal
I love simple mid week dinner, especially in one-dish / one-pot meal! We had thai style steamed fish in garlic lime sauce / 泰式青柠蒸鱼 for our dinner last night! I brought up many fresh ingredients from hometown last weekend, mom gave me a lot of seafood, few container of fresh shrimps, various type of fish, homemade meatballs for soup! We couldn't finish all at one time, therefore we have to freeze them to keep it longer.
The recipe are absolutely easy, and best paired with jasmine rice! I can eat up 2 bowls of rice just with this dish.
• whole fish (here i used 白曹鱼/ not sure if its called 'chinese herring')
• 2 tbsp fish Sauce
• 5 tbsp lime juice
• 1 tbsp granulated sugar
• 6-8 cloves / 3 tbsp of garlic (chopped)
• 1 tbsp / 5 red thai chilli peppers (chopped)
• 2 kaffir lime leaves (chopped)
• 2 stalks of cilantro / spring onion (chopped, for garnish)
• 3 stalks of lemongrass (botton white part only)
* I have always loved steamed fish with soft / silken tofu, so i add in some sliced soft tofu underneath the fish, let the soft tofu soak up all the nice broth! Yummy.
*1. In a bowl mix chopped garlic, chili peppers, lime juice, fish sauce & sugar. remember always taste to adjust seasoning - the taste should be a balance of sweet, spicy, salty and sour. Set aside.
2. Put lemongrass stalks into cavity of the fish.
3. Place the clean fish in a dish, then topped with *mixture sauce. Over high heat on steam for 10-15 minutes. (depend on the size of the fish)
4. When its done, carefully remove fish from steamer; sprinkle with chopped cilantro/spring onion, then serve immediately.